Updating TACACs on an older Wildpackets Omnipliance

I had to update the TACACs server details on an old OmniPliance which proved to be quite confusing. I found the location of the settings but each time we restarted the service it reverted back to the way it was.

Quite a simple solution in the end… The procedure is below.

$ ssh root@omnipliance1
# service omnid stop
# vi /etc/omni/engineconfig.xml

Edit the following line in engineconfig.xml

             

Quit with :wq! and restart the service.

# service omnid start
Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *